Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Good week so far

Saturday Nick and I competed at the Market Square 10k, with Nick setting a 10k PR at 38:10, for 15th overall, and me coming only 21 seconds off my course best, at 37:52, for 13th overall.  I hit the top spot for Masters runners, and Nick was 2nd to former MS state XC champion Cameron Barth in the under 19 age division.

Sunday Nick and I did 10.7 around Silver lake, yesterday was an easy 4, and today Nick rocked at the first Whitaker Woods 5k, with a huge course PR of 18:36, taking 4th overall.  Jim Johnson, Tim Livingston, and Peter Haine were the leaders tonight, and I managed a strong 19:22 for 5th.  Melissa hit a PR for the course at 23:38, as she continues to get stronger.  For comparison, when Nick was 12 he was running 22:50 for this course, so Melissa is doing extremely well.

Thursday is Hollis for me, Saturday Mt. Washington for Nick, and Sunday is the Father's Day 5k for me in Portland.  Should be a high mileage total week for me as well, and lots of quality runs.

==
Darin 

No comments:

Post a Comment