Sunday, January 1, 2012

All American!

After 30+ years of competitive racing, I finally acheived the milestone of "All-American" status.  I raced the 3k at Boston University's "mini meet" and managed a PR time of 9:56.93, which was under the 10:00 age division standard for AA.  I had Brendan Dagan helping me out with splits, which was very useful, because I drifted off pace after the first 800m.  I went through the mile in 5:21 (slightly better than last week's 5:22, but off the 10:00 pace), but came back the last 800m in 2:34, passing many of the other runners in the race (I had been hanging out in last place!)  in the process, and taking 5th overall in the heat.

Nick had a great race in the mile, hitting a PR 5:11.13.  He is looking to break 5:00 this season, which, given that performance, is a likelihood.

Happy New Year and hopefully this will be a good year of racing!

===
Darin

No comments:

Post a Comment