Sunday, April 24, 2011

Slow recovery

The recovery process is so slow that I have actually lost conditioning despite running.  I can't run fast enough to get good training, but at least I am running.

I am assisting at the high school with the distance squad, and that is a lot of fun.  The team is a great bunch of kids, and the drills and runs are helping me get back into shape.  Alex is slowly getting back into shape (6:20, 6:15 in the mile his last two meets), and Nick is competiting in his first middle school track season (mile/800: 5:42/2:45; then 5:42 [1st] / 2:39 [1st] and 70 for the 4x400 at his first two meets.  Melissa is a bit behind although she runs once a week or so to try to keep involved.

No races for me anytime soon as I am sore every day and I simply cannot hold a long run or any speed training at all without increased pain.  I am hoping that the slow training program will get the muscle back strong enough to train in the summer; until then, it's relatively easy running with a few sprint drills here and there to try to strengthen up.

==
Darin

No comments:

Post a Comment