Wednesday, June 24, 2015

May was a pretty solid month for me this year, with over 250 miles.  June is turning out well so far too, with decent mileage, a few good races, and some solid workouts.

Best workout so far this season -- early June 3x mile at 5:28 5:24 5:23.  Best Whitaker Woods time 19:17, a cross country 5k summer series where my PR is 19:00, so it's not the fastest of courses.  I ran a 10k (6.4 mile) hilly loop in my second fastest all-time on June 6, and came back on June 13 with a solid 37:48 at Market Square 10k, which was only 18 seconds off my best there.

For some silly reason I decided to run Mt. Washington, 7.6 miles all up... not my specialty, but I ran the whole way and finished in 1:32, which goes down as a PR because it's my first time.

This week, the same concepts so far, 10mile easy runs on the off days, and workout or race twice a week.  This week is 6x400 in 72 on the track (my first intervals shorter than 1 mile), and then MECTA track meet this weekend, while Nick goes to the Granite State Games and tries to set a record with his 4x800m squad, which includes several top names from the area.  They hope to go under 8:00, and they have a very good shot as all the guys are sub-2 800m runners.

--
Darin


No comments:

Post a Comment